Scuba Diving Certification in Panama’s Gulf of Chiriqui
Learn scuba diving Panama, Cala Mia specializes in offering panama diving courses that are the most complete and comprehensive training possible. We endorse and recommend the NAUI system of training. There are numerous dive agencies available to get certified from: NAUI, PADI, SSI, BSAC, CMAS, PDIC, SDI. We have found that the NAUI system of teaching is the best fit for divers that truly want to enjoy diving and master the skills necessary to be safe competent divers.
NAUI is recognized in every country in the world so no problem taking your NAUI card and diving anywhere. If you have started your training with another agency our staff can complete your training as we have access to contract PADI instructors.
Learn to Scuba Dive
Are you curious about scuba diving, but are not sure if you would like it? NAUI has a special program called “Passport Diver” which allows you to try diving without having to commit to getting fully certified.
All Diver certification courses have a basic swim test that students must pass to get certified. Certain medical conditions such as asthma or other disorders may disqualify you from diving. If you have any questions or concerns please contact a medical professional.
Passport Scuba Program
The Program is for anybody over the age of 10 who wants to experience diving. First, you will be required to fill out a medical questionnaire to see if you are fit for diving. Our instructor will teach you the basic dive knowledge and explain the equipment that you will use. We will provide all the gear including mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, tank, wet suit (optional), and dive gauges. Communicating under water requires special hand signals in order to let your divemaster know whether you are OK or are having problems.
The course starts in a pool or confined water and later you will go on a boat to a beautiful reef to do your first open water dive! You will only go down 20 feet (6 meters). This program takes one full day which is ideal for people who are traveling for a short period of time or don’t want to spend days in a class during their vacation. To get the Passport Scuba Diver you must do two supervised open water dives. This will allow you to dive for 12 months. If you dive during this time, you will get a 12 month extension on your passport.
After completing your Passport Scuba Program, you have six months to enroll in the NAUI Scuba Diver class which is the entry level diving certification. Credits acquired in your Scuba Program go towards your diving certification.
Diving Certification Courses
Our diving center certifies all level of divers up to instructors. To get your scuba diving certification you must plan a longer stay at our resort in Panama. Classes duration varies from 3-7 days, depending on your course. Students will learn theory in class, while practice is done in confined waters. It is important to note that you cannot get on an airplane 24 hours after diving.
Shortly after making a reservation with us, we will send you a e-learning code so that you can get started on the required reading and chapter reviews before arriving. E-learning which is available at no extra cost for the most classes allows students to complete most academics on-line, including the final exam before arrival.
Scuba Diver/Open Water
This Panama diving course consists of:
- Knowledge development sessions and classroom work including quizzes and a Final Exam. Most of this work can be completed online before your arrival.
- Confined Water Dives – Underwater skill practice in shallow water (Ocean or Pool sessions).
- Open Water Dives – Skill performance in the open ocean (max depth 18m/60 ft)
You may schedule your course to complete over four days with the normal number of dives with extra days to practice your new skills under the supervision.
With diving locations just 30 minutes from our resort, students will be introduced to a fabulous underwater dive site filled with tropical fish, colorful soft corals, and crystal clear water.
Advanced Scuba Diver
This Panama diving course is a continuing education course for certified divers. It is an enjoyable program of continued education designed to introduce divers to a variety of diving activities and to be taught entirely in an open water setting. Minimum age is 15 years, 12-14 years old for Junior certification. Courses can be tailored to fit your own schedule.
- Estimated 6 hours of academics and 6 open water dives.
- Course is different than many other courses offered at this level as we are aiming to improve your dive skills and make you a better diver.
- The course will have a minimum of 6 dives and takes at least 2 days to complete.
Rescue Scuba Diver
This Panama diving course trains divers in the knowledge and skills needed to manage risks and effectively handle in water problems and diving emergencies.
- Must be certified as a Scuba Diver and have certification in First Aid and CPR.
- If First AID and CPR certification is not held, it can be added to the course by your instructor.
- We suggest scheduling a minimum of 2 days to complete the course and 3 days if first aid and CPR is needed.
Master Scuba Diver
This Panama diving course is a continuing education course required for entry into leadership and Technical programs. It is also the most informative and challenging course there is for recreational diving.
- Minimum age is 15 years. Must be Advanced Certified or equivalent.
- Estimated 23 hours of academic instruction with a minimum of 10 open water dives.
- We suggest at least 6 days to complete this course, you will also need to complete some self study before arriving.